As-salamu-alaikum pretty people! Hope you all are doing well! It’s another year —- 1439! So thought that this is the right time to spread some positivity around. Time passes by so quickly and here we are with another year.. implies another step forward to meet our death.. I know that it is bad and disheartening to know that as years pass by we are getting closer and closer to death. We usually don’t like to talk about death, but not talking about it cannot wipe away it’s inevitability. What is more terrible, than this, is that we are doing nothing to make our lives better, lives that would please Allah(SWT) and help us build our Akhirah.
“Your life doesn’t get better by chance but gets better by change”. So don’t spend your lives in waiting for chances .. instead stand, aim and grab the moment. My point here is… years are passing by and a new year has started. So make plans and focus to get your goals done. There is no ruling in islam as to celebrate new year, but I believe that this is an opportunity to make your plans to fulfill your aims. So here are a few things I said to myself for making changes in my life. Let’s get going:
Plan:- The most difficult yet the most important step. Planning.. in other words writing down things in your way. What you want to achieve, by when you want to achieve and how you want to achieve… you may have several thoughts and ideas to achieve your goals but, May not have clarity to begin.. So penning it all down is the best way. Make your yearly goals and write them all down, then divide them into monthly and weekly goals or as you wish.
Work:- This is obvious. Once you plan.. time to work! At the end of the day, we may make our plans but working on them could be seriously difficult. Procrastination kills. Don’t delay your tasks, do them then and there. One thing I’m surely gonna do to myself is to perform immediately after planning. One task, immediately after planning is for sure for me now, be it a small one but I will, from now on, keep a task immediately after my plan’s made. This will give some motivation and help me to fight procrastination.I have made a few decisions in my life.. May be not exactly decisions but a few ideas which I’m gonna follow and would love to share with you all:
- It is very common when people point out mistakes in others but do those same mistakes themselves. I don’t do this always, but have seen myself doing it a few times. But Alhamdulillah, Allah gave me ability to understand my fault, so this year my aim is to take care of being such a weird person. When you tell someone that they have made such and such mistake, make sure that you don’t do the same after pointing them out.
- Time is not going to stop, it will do its job come what may. So you do your job too. Don’t procrastinate, whatever you wanna do, if it is right and appropriate then do it as soon as possible.
- Life is a mixture of chocolates and bitter gourd, so face the reality. Enjoy the chocolates and eat away those bitter gourds as quickly as possible while reminding yourself of the tasty chocolates you had and you won’t feel the bitterness. Gratitude increases imaan and helps you remain strong in difficult times. So keep thinking of all the good things and say Alhamdulillah.
- Do not expect anything from the people around, expect from the Creator, who will give you from where you wouldn’t even have thought of.
- Anger will destroy everything.. EVERYTHING. When you’re in anger you become blind, deaf and dumb. So control it before it burns away everything.
- Salah is your rope to Allah, hold on to it tightly. Praying on time will prevent the rope from breaking. Anything that which is not done on time will have no value so offer your slash on time to maintain its value.
- Your family is a bunch of people chosen by Allah for you, so take care of them, keep them happy and stay happy with them.
Ok that’s it, hope you will find them useful too. It’s a new year people! Be active, have fun and get it all done. Oh yaayyy! And the most important thing is to protect our imaan from stagnating. Don’t let yourself be in the same level as you were previously. You have immense opportunities, make use of them properly. For instance, the month of muharram, the first month is a month of great virtue, as Allah mentions it in His book,
“Indeed, the number of months with Allah is twelve [lunar] months in the register of Allah [from] the day He created the heavens and the earth; of these, four are sacred…[Quran 9: 36]”
Those four months, according to authentic traditions, are dhul qadah, dhul hijjah, rajjab and muharram. For further details check this link out http://www.islamicity.org/6321/muharram-the-start-of-the-islamic-calendar/
And we also have Yaum Al-Ashura, the 10th Muharram, another day of great virtue. As the hadith goes:
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting the day of ‘Arafah I hope Allaah will expiate thereby for the year before it and the year after it, and fasting the day of ‘Ashoora’ I hope Allaah will expiate thereby for the year that came before it.” Narrated by Muslim, 1162.
Subhan Allah, sins of the previous year are forgiven, so why to miss this opportunity.? But why is this day important? There is a hadith that states the reason;
Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Madeenah and saw the Jews fasting on the day of ‘Ashoora’. He said, “What is this?” They said, “This is a good day, this is the day when Allaah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy and Moosa fasted on this day.” He said, “We are closer to Moosa than you.” So he fasted on this day and told the people to fast. [al-Bukhaari (1865)]
You have chances upon chances, only thing needed is your action, so grab this chance and make the most of it to get yourself closer to Allah(Azzawajjal).
May Allah(Azzawajjal) help us to elevate our imaan and better our lives. May this year be a blessed one for all of you! Ameen.
This post is a part of Islamic New Year Blog Hop by Multicultural Motherhood. Hop over to see other posts related to Islamic New year. The following are their links:
http://www.multiculturalmotherhood.com/2017/09/incorporating-islam-into-our-homeschool.html?m=1 By Multicultural Motherhood
Do visit these amazing posts.
Until next time Salam 🙂